snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msfreakie1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i bought 2 mystery snails for my aquerium aprox 2 months ago,, they did mate, but about a week after i found 4 tiny baby snails in my tank!
when i posted about it, someone said they probably were not mystery snail babies,, but pond snails!
well now last night,, i have seen many more tiny snails!! the 1st wave of baby snails have gotten bigger,, now these new tiny ones have appeared!
does anyone know what is going on??
i love the little snails,, but i forsee an explosion!
also my baby black mollys are getting bigger and i think my female black molly is pregnant again?
i bought another 20 gallon tank but it's not set up yet!
help!!!

Pictures are hard to see but looks like pond snails. I would pick them out or they will probably keep reproducing. Unless you have room for a few yo yo loaches.

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

These look like pond snails. If they were from your mystery snails you would have seen the eggs on the side of your tank.

help,, my female molly had babies again!
i don't know what to do with so many mollys!
my husband says flush em,, but they are so cute!
i don't have any friends that have tanks!

i read where someone said angel
fish will eat them,, but i don't want all of them gone!
:0(

help,, my female molly had babies again!
i don't know what to do with so many mollys!
my husband says flush em,, but they are so cute!
i don't have any friends that have tanks!

i read where someone said angel
fish will eat them,, but i don't want all of them gone!
:0(

Yes all fish will eat them. It's swimming food basically. If you can't regime them nor buy a bigger tank let the fish eat them. It's nature and happens all the time and you will have more in a month or so

hi,, news bullitin,, the adult fish do not seem to eat the babies at all! the adult female has had her 2nd set of babies about a week & a half ago!
i have fish aplenty,, but they all seem to be doing great!
i love my black mollies!!!

Back
Top Bottom