So happy to find an active site!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angiorn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all, I am a newbie, about 3 weeks in. I have a 30 gallon half-moon tank. I am hoping to do a reef tank. Last Saturday, the 26th of Feb., my fish store had me add live rock...20lbs and live sand....20lbs, plus 5 Yellowtail Damsels to start the cycle. I plan on adding 10lbs more of live rock, or I might just use decorative rock and let it seed. Not sure. The damsels are pretty, but much too aggressive for me...so they will go back to the store when the cycle is complete. There are things growing on the live rock now, not sure what they are. We are also seeing creatures...starfish like with spindly legs, a worm that I now know is a bristle worm. There are areas of bright pink that have me concerned, but they may be coral frags, not sure about that either. I will be doing a lot of reading here and posting pics once I make them smaller. Thanks, Julie. Equipment...Marineland C-220 canister filter, 740 powerhead, heater and LED lights.

Back
Top Bottom