Some day I'll know what I'm doing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anakin

Aquarium Advice Newbie

I've had a 10 gal tank for about 10 years and loved it... This Christmas, my family conspired to get me a bigger (27 gal hexagon) tank. When I asked the local fish store a question or three to get the new tank going correctly, I quickly discovered that I had been running my old tank all wrong, in many ways, for years, and I didn't know nearly as much as I should. But, I'm a quick study and am excited to learn how to do things right and I'm hoping you all can help.

I'm starting simple (freshwater/unplanted) with the wrong assortment of fish (the shark really shouldn't be in the tank and the Angelfish is too big) but many of the "wrong" fish I had in my 10 gal tank from when I had NO idea what I was doing, some how managed to survive for a long time (the Angelfish is almost 6 years old). Once I figure out the basics, I think I'll move on to a planted tank and then see how things go from there.

welcometoaa.gif

Check out the links that cmor just sent you,that'll get you going,...also,just keep reading as many different post as you can....very knowledgeable articles and entertaining too,....welcome to water world

Back
Top Bottom