Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Strips are just plain inaccurate (read: garbage). They will also cost 10x the amount of money over the long haul vs a kit. The liquid tests are as accurate of tests as you can use for home aquarium testing. But, you must read & follow the directions for performing the tests- the only inaccuracies are typically user errors.

The aqua safe is suitable as a dechlorinator but it does not detox ammonia and nitrite as Prime or Amquel Plus do.

If you let your tank sit with fish for 5-6 wks, all your going to wind up with is either permanently damaged or dead fish. Ammonia and nitrite are poison to fish. If you are not willing to do the work a fish-in cycle requires to make sure your fish survive a cycle unharmed, I would seriously consider returning them and doing a fish less cycle instead. You asked for advice & I am offering it- feel free to make your decisions.

jlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist
Finally ran out of strips. So broke down and got a api master kit. Everything reads good amonia is in the midlle of the two nitrites are in the middle of the two and nitrates are at 40. Have done a 50% water change. Planning on doing another 25% or 50% water change with in the next couple days when I have enough time do do one. I have 5 serpae 5 high fin black skirt tetras and 5 gold xray tetras. Looking at adding another at least 2 each to each school. And adding a school of either penguin tetras or black neon or bleeding heart tetras. Also would like to get at least two angel fish. They were my parents favorite fish and my parents have passed away so I really want to get two and name them after my parents. Also would like to possibly getting two black fin sharks (silver tiped sharks) the cat fish ones. Any thoughts?

Skeeter4158098 is offline   Reply With Quote

5 gallon, 55 gallon, gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com