Started out as just a 10 gal, became a 55 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBouchard

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi All,

While I am not new to fish, I am new to having my own 55 gallon tank. I convinced my husband to let me get a 10 gallon..then a friend said "take my 55 gall" Right now I have my vein tail betta, 5 red platys, 5 guppies, a red tail shark, a algae eater and some ghost shrimp. :fish2:I do not have much of decorations in my tank.. yet. I am hoping to add more and make it fun to look at and watch. My parents had a 55 gallon tank when I was smaller but it was boring and not much to see. I joined the community in hopes of getting help and seeing what other ideas there might be for a freshwater tank.

Bobbi-Jo

Hello. I am also new. Id love to see a picture of your tank. And are you planning on using the plastic plants? I know absolutely nothing about real live plants. But what i like to see in a tank is bubbles and bright colors.

I was debating between live or plastic, I might go with live. I am hopefully getting around to making a bubble wall in the back. I agree. Bright colors are very beautiful in a tank.

Oh wow your tank is already very pretty. Defiantly all you need is some plants. Just a splash of green color.

Wow! Your tank is awesome! I think you should go with live plants, they help water quality so much and your tank should easily be able to support them if you have flourescent lighting

i have 2 breally nice 55 gallon tanks, one community tank with lots of differant kinds of fish, another african chilcid tank, with catfish, mostly catfish. ya do know that chinese algie eaters do get big and pretty agressive dont you. i have 2 golden algie eaters, they even terrorize my african chilcids. They are bout 6 months onl and about 8 inches long already. my synidontas cats hold their own , all though they are bigger than my hand now. any way good luck, ive kept fish more on than off for 30 years, ask if ya need anything :0)

Thanks clindqui, thankfully I had a really nice guy at the pet store that has been helping me with the algae eater. Mine is just a common placostumous (sp?) He did warn me he would get big. Hopefully I will be able to figure something out. I was wondering though, the guy told me about a freshwater snowflake eel. I tried researching them but found only the salt water. He swears up and down there are both. He told me there is a guy that works there and he has had it for a few years in fresh.

Back
Top Bottom