Starting up the hobby again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolfman2018

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello my name is dave and I’m starting up my 55 gallon tank again after over two years of not having it up. So any info or ideas I might of missed in those couple years away from the hobby would certainly be welcomed. It’s nice to be here

Welcome! You will get more replies if you post specific questions on specific forums. Missed info... it's just a bit too vague to give helpful advice :)

Welcome to the forum! Just keep in mind there is an overwhelming number of us on the east coast, so sleeping and work hours can get kinda slow. Just remember to follow community rules about not bumping posts and if you are having any difficulties, feel free to get in contact with one of our moderators. We are always happy to help, just remember we have lives outside of here too.

Once again, happy to have you aboard!

Welcome! You will get more replies if you post specific questions on specific forums. Missed info... it's just a bit too vague to give helpful advice :)

I just don’t know how I can be more specific than I was

I just don’t know how I can be more specific than I was
I think what he's saying is we would have to know your knowledge in it's entirety before we could tell you anything that would be new to you. Which would be impossible because we aren't you so you would have to ask us about something specific then compare our knowledge to yours in order to figure out if you learned something new at that point or missed something.........I think that's what he meant. [emoji39]

Thinking the same - say lighting might be one for planted tanks but if you’re going down the road of keeping cichlids we might give some less than useful info.

Sorry, don't want to come across the wrong way... Basically what kingfisher said. A little about your experience and goals would be helpful.

I have a 120g African mbuna tank, a 60g angelfish/Cory cat tank (planted), a 20 g African clawed frog tank (planted) and a 40g saltwater fowlr, soon to become reef this weekend :)

Obviously they are all different so knowing what you are looking to do: freshwater, saltwater, planted, reef, fowlr, community, cichlid, invertebrate, amphibian, tank size, etc would help direct the conversation :)

Whichever your passion, just post a lot of pictures when you start your build ;)

Back
Top Bottom