SW Newbie from PA.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elzerrh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone,

I have recently decided that after 4 years of a FW tank...that it's time to enter the arena of the SW hobbyist. I have read some of the posting on this site and I feel I found the right place to join and be part of!

I have always been drawn to the water...especially the beach and ocean. Nothing relaxes me more waves on the beach or being out on the ocean. Since I don't live near the ocean (about 4 hours away), I thought it was time to bring it to me. :)

One thing about me is that I really don't rush into things...usually research stuff to death and makes sure what I am doing or buying is what I need and not over kill. So far...this site has been wonderful in all the posting I have been reading and has really clarified a lot for me already.

I currently have a FW setup...I'll have to post a picture of it. It is a 46 gallon bowed front Oceanic tank with a canopy. I am really excited about having a SW tank. My kids are really excited as well. I am going to do a FOWLR and right now just wrapping up what I am going to buy for the initial setup. I probably won't start the setup until about Mid-August...we are going away on vacation and doing alot in July etc...but I want to be able to focus and give this the attention it needs right from the get-go.

So...I look forward to interacting with everyone and can't wait to see what else AA has to offer.

-Bob

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist: A Commonsense Handbook for Successful Saltwater Hobbyists (Paperback)
by Robert M. Fenner

Might wanna check this out in the meantime. It's kinda old, so forget the part about cycling with live fish. Otherwise a good, basic read IMO.

Welcome to AA!!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Believe me...if there is one thing I have definitely learned so far..it's...be patient and read...read...read.

Thanks again!
-Bob

Back
Top Bottom