The new boy black ghost knife fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jorik

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need help for making a community tank around my black ghost knife 250 liter tank:fish2::fish2:

Well that tank is going to be too small in the long run for a full sized knife fish. So that's important.

But for tank mates, you want something that won't fit in it's mouth or be aggressive. Aggressive fish could easily kill your black ghost. And too small of fish could easily get killed. I've never really had experience with them, but this is just what I've picked up from others.

Ok I have also a 350 liter tank but in it is 25 guppies and there fry 1 bristle nose pleco 12 cm and a shoal of 7 dime sized angels

Thanks but will it eat my guppies

Thanks but will it eat my guppies
the males probably but the females I doubt it. They have real real small mouths and can't eat too too much but still can pick off small fish. They get over a foot but like previously stated they grow real slow. You have time to wait but not much because you don't want him to get stunted. But back to your question really the only fish at true risk are the male guupies.

Back
Top Bottom