The new kid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

opus7397

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I'm not so new, I'm 47 yrs old, just got into this hobby. I have always liked aquariums.my journey started by buying my daughter a ten gallon tank for her 5th birthday. We set her tank up and she, being a 5 yr old, couldn't wait for the fish to be put in it. So being the sucker I am when it comes to her, we headed down to the LFS and bought 10 feeder gold fish for $2. Know I knew some were going to take that big flush,and all but one did. After sitting in her room watching that sole survivor I thought about a tank i saw at my buddy's house. It was a 20g hexagon, he knew someone that had the same tank and got it for me. Now tank # 2 is set up. When I was bragging about how cool it was to another buddy he stated that he had a 29g I could have, but how was I going to get my wife to let me set another one up? I know!!! tell her it's her tank, and she could set it up how she wanted. So down to another LFS but this one had saltwater tanks in it. She got the bug, introducing tank #3 a saltwater tank. Now everyone we spoke to told us that a larger tank is easier to maintain. ( I hate to say it but we have depleted the fish population a few times) so I found a 55g at a great price, yup #4 was born. Ok things are getting out of hand, but I couldn't pass it up,a 90g corner tank with stand wet/dry sump and it's free. Wow this was going to hard to explain when I got home. So I thought real hard..... Back to the basics. " Honey, we can take down the 29g and put this one in its place" she went for it. So here we are with two FW and two SW tanks and I'm loving it.

Welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome to AA. Now if you wanna get that other tank back up, it's always great to have a QT tank for any new fish or hospital for any sick fish that may happen.

Welcome, Opus!
What you have is MTS.....there s no cure. We all have it.....best thing you can do is post pictures so we can share!

Looks good , Opus!
I only have FW but think SW tanks are always so colorful.

Back
Top Bottom