This is awesome!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rico

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking forward to chatting about aquariums, can't wait!!!:fish2:
I actually have many questions. Should I just ask away lol. First time forum user. Ahhhh yes fresh newb:ermm:

Welcome to the forum!! Lots of great people here and lots of advice and information to be had!

Youre best bet is to post your questions in the appropriate forum so the most people will see it. :)

Thanks guys! It's funny, 10 years ago my mother came home with a gold fish and put it in a punch bowl. Since then I've always had interest in taking care of fish but only recenty(1 year) have I got more serious about it. So now I have a 29 gallon planted tank with co2 injection. I have defiantly had my issues along the way but the tank is looking very good now. So I found a tank on a job site and am almost ready to get it going. I want to put cardinals and discuses. I have heard that they require more specific needs than the tetras and dwarf gouriami that I have now. So because of this I have decided to take more time with the tank than my first one. I am buying a multiple test kit to really make sure I do it right. So finally to my questions. Everything I learned about co2 injection I copied from my local fish store. I know that the more co2 I put into the water the lower the ph goes but I feel like there is a better way of making this calculation. Not about the ph but about how much co2 does the tank require. I was basically going to run the co2 on the new tank until I reached my desired ph but I'm not sure this is the right thing.
On a separate note I personally feel like a Siamese algae eater is vital to a planted aquarium. I had so much trouble finding them here as there are much confusion about these magnificent fish. I was able to order them from a local PET store out of all places. I bought 2 and everything was good for several months and all of a sudden they both died. I'm trying to get the same pet store to order again but they are on backorder. Is there possibilities of ordering fish and plants online???
Thanks so so so much for your time

Thanks guys! It's funny, 10 years ago my mother came home with a gold fish and put it in a punch bowl. Since then I've always had interest in taking care of fish but only recenty(1 year) have I got more serious about it. So now I have a 29 gallon planted tank with co2 injection. I have defiantly had my issues along the way but the tank is looking very good now. So I found a tank on a job site and am almost ready to get it going. I want to put cardinals and discuses. I have heard that they require more specific needs than the tetras and dwarf gouriami that I have now. So because of this I have decided to take more time with the tank than my first one. I am buying a multiple test kit to really make sure I do it right. So finally to my questions. Everything I learned about co2 injection I copied from my local fish store. I know that the more co2 I put into the water the lower the ph goes but I feel like there is a better way of making this calculation. Not about the ph but about how much co2 does the tank require. I was basically going to run the co2 on the new tank until I reached my desired ph but I'm not sure this is the right thing.
On a separate note I personally feel like a Siamese algae eater is vital to a planted aquarium. I had so much trouble finding them here as there are much confusion about these magnificent fish. I was able to order them from a local PET store out of all places. I bought 2 and everything was good for several months and all of a sudden they both died. I'm trying to get the same pet store to order again but they are on backorder. Is there possibilities of ordering fish and plants online???
Thanks so so so much for your time
a drop checker can be used to measure the amount of CO2 inn the water. if you dfant have one,you should get a liquid test kit.most members on here reccomend API freshwater master test kit. ordering fish and plants on;line is fine

Thanks allex but what's a drop checker. Where could I find that? And how would you know how much co2 u should b putting in the tank? is there a calculation?

Do you know of good reliable online store that sell fish and plants?

Rico said:
Thanks allex but what's a drop checker. Where could I find that? And how would you know how much co2 u should b putting in the tank? is there a calculation?

Do you know of good reliable online store that sell fish and plants?

Check out severum mamas and HN1s list of fish and plants here in the Classifieds! :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
Check out severum mamas and HN1s list of fish and plants here in the Classifieds! :)
Many people say they are great and you should see their fish room. It's huge. Like 100 or so tanks lol.

Back
Top Bottom