Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Tigers Barbs in yo face!

Hey Everyone,
I like the forum already! My brother in law is into this stuff pretty good. Originally my goal was to up him on a large aquarium and soon a small freshwater pond in the backyard. I setup a 30 gallon to get the idea of this works. So far I have to say it is a success thanks to some of the threads on this site. Now I really enjoy the process of setting up the tanks and watching the fish. My goal is to soon have a 70+ tank to up his 55 gal ciclid tank. Maybe with pirhanas. Of course I would keep the 30 gal running.

My original mission to up my bro in law lead me to a hobby I really enjoy for myself.

I look forward to reading threads and learning more and hopefully helping others if I can.

Currently my tank has 5 tigers and 1 redfin shark. I am thinking about adding 3 glow fish or 3 more barbs either albino or green to the mix. I feel these would be good tankmates and stay within the gallon a inch rule. Let me know if you have any insight into this.

Thank you for reading!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Welcome to AA!! We are glad to have you!

fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to the forum!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bIGTIMER View Post
Hey Everyone,

Currently my tank has 5 tigers and 1 redfin shark. I am thinking about adding 3 glow fish or 3 more barbs either albino or green to the mix. I feel these would be good tankmates and stay within the gallon a inch rule. Let me know if you have any insight into this.

Thank you for reading!
to AA!

I'm assuming by Redfin you mean Red tail Shark? If so your going to need that 70 gal tank soon, Redtail sharks are very territorially aggressive as they get larger and in a 30 they will start to bully tank mates ... and yes they are able to stand up to TigerBarbs .... LOL .... my RTS chases his TigerBarb Mates. Plus it best to have a lot of DW, caves and plants for an RTS to set up territories.

I'd say you can add another 2-3 Barbs ... either the albino or green which should give you some nice color.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yep I meant red tail sorry. He does very well with the tigers. The little ones are the ones that normally try to check him. I noticed my tigers doing kissing dances and saw that they are establishing rank. Soo cool! Little pack of wolves.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

to AA!

Tags
barb, barbs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com