Took the plunge.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I have bit the bullet and set up a 125 gallon saltwater fish only tank. I have had freshwater tanks about 15 years ago. My wife and I decided that it was time for some eye candy again, and decided that the saltwater fish were much more colorful.

I came here as a visitor about 2 weeks ago and gleaned a ton of information and advice from the forums. Now I have about a ton of weight setting in my Dining room.

I must say that I did set up this tank with the information I got here. I have got it up and running right now with some Damsel fish inside, and everything is running fairly smooth. My fish are looking healthy and are very active, I would think that this is a good sign that I am moving in the right direction.

I searched the internet for days looking for a site that would give me the information I needed to get started. I am glad I found this place. I am looking forward to posting my results along with some pictures as I progress in this hobby.

Money made some of my decisions as to what kind of equipment I was going to purchase, but anything that is sub-par will be replaced in the near future. I spent an easy 1500 dollars for the setup I got now, so I need a little breathing room before I make any new purchases.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and looking forward to getting some advice down the road, and who knows, maybe in the future I will be helping someone else out.

Peace

Mike

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!!

WHOO. Another addict in the making. Glad your enjoying your new hobby. Do you have any photos?

Welcome, and I'm glad you found the site helpful enough to go for it. I think you will get excellent support every step of the way!

Awesome! I'd be interested to hear all the specs on your setup. I want to start a SW tank this year. I think I'm going to start with LR and then move onto fish and corals after I'm done ogling all the little critters that emerge from the rock :)

I now have a picture in the My Gallery. I have addded some 12 pounds of live rock for the fish store. (That is not pictured) It is amazing the things that are in and on those rocks. I have spent hours just staring at them to see what is moving around.

Back
Top Bottom