Total Newbie here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catastrophic81

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! My name is Chloe and I live in NSW Australia. I have just recieved a 4ft tank for my birthday which is currently being cycled.
Kinda been looking around atm as i am not sure wether to go cichlids or "normal" tropicals.
Look forward to getting to know you all and learn from your expertise!!!

Congratulations on getting such a large tank. I envy you the choices of what you can put in there. I'm very partial to cichlids myself although I mainly get the dwarf species because of the tank sizes I have. Don't hesitate to ask any questions.

NSW Australia? 4' tank?
REEF all the way! Forget that FW stuff. Come over the salty side. You'll LIKE IT!

welcometoaa.gif

lol we were getting given a 7ft until someone got it from under me and that was going reef all the way... still will if i manage to get it!
I'm kinda worried about the cichlid idea. Envisioning spending a fortune on fish that are going to kill each other day one! also I kind of fell in love with the idea of angel fish, clown loaches, neons, catfish, bala sharks etc... swimming around and i think i will be severely limited with how many cichlids i can keep!
Cichlids are appealing though because of the colours etc... just worried i may bite off more than i can chew!!!
I am under the impression i can not mix other fish with cichlids so ummmm yeah great i have 2 more days to figure out what it will be!!!!! (the ones we were looking at are rift).

Back
Top Bottom