Totally hooked!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GloGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I'm new to the hobby, and totally hooked! I've had all the standard problems I've read about here, and reading everyones advice really helped. I started with a 5G desktop tank, with 3 danios and a tropica fern. After reading all the great advice here, I decided to bump up to a 10G tank a couple weeks ago. I've built that to 6 neons, 2 danios, 5 ghost shrimp, 2 ottos, an apple snail, and another tropica fern. I do 10% WC every 3-4 days right now, and everything has been testing great. I recently purchased a 39G tank. I'm not sure what the proper term is, but it's deep rather than long. I set it up and added stress coat and start zyme. Also added Argetine Sword,A[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]nubias, and a tropica fern. [/FONT]I'd like to build a community tank with small-medium sized fish. Being a beginner, I started with 12 neons. I waited 3 days and everything tested great, so I added 5 black neons. Being such a deep tank to me, seems perfect to be able to have top, middle, and bottom swimmers. I was thinking of adding 5 danios next, assuming everything continues to test well. Then maybe 3 black skirt tetras, and 2 of the GloTetras. There's my hopes and dreams. Now, I turn to you all for some advice for a beginner, helpful tips for this set-up, etc. Thanks for reading!

Welcome to AA!, we hope ya enjoy! This is my ten gallon maybe it will spark some ideas for ya. I have 3 Otto,3 soon to be 6 rasbora,6 neon tetra,betta and shrimp.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130413_125206.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130413_125206.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 95
Welcome to AA!, we hope ya enjoy! This is my ten gallon maybe it will spark some ideas for ya. I have 3 Otto,3 soon to be 6 rasbora,6 neon tetra,betta and shrimp.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like an awesome tank! What live plants do you have in there?

Welcome to AA!

I'm completely hooked too! I'm up to like 12 tanks up and running right now and working on getting 1 more cycled and all are planted and working on getting them converted over to the walstad method of naturally planted style tanks. It's a lot of fun and keeps you occupied.

Welcome to AA!

I'm completely hooked too! I'm up to like 12 tanks up and running right now and working on getting 1 more cycled and all are planted and working on getting them converted over to the walstad method of naturally planted style tanks. It's a lot of fun and keeps you occupied.

Sounds like fun! I'll have to research that method. Sounds pretty interesting.

Welcome to AA!

I just read up on that particular method. That's really cool. Is that the best way to keep live plants in an aquarium? Any other methods I should research? Now that I've invested in live plants, I want them to have the best possible start. I currently have gravel substrate in all my tanks. In the 39G I have an argentine sword, an anubias, and a tropica fern.

Here's a collage of where I'm at right now. Thanks for all the advice!

image-3806350137.jpg

Back
Top Bottom