Trying out my new fins.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tgcoachpack55

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, My name is Rick and I am a new member.

I have always had fish in my house and currently have 4 Tanks set up (55g, 2-20g and a 10g.) and 5 more that are empty (4-20g and my newest tank a 125g).

I joined the group because I am wanting to do something different with my new tank. I originally planned on housing only three fish in my 125 (2-needlenose gars and an oscar) but since I bought the tank without the permission of my lovely wife (yes she's watching over my shoulder). I think it would be wise of me to put many tropical fish, that will appeal to her, in the tank instead of fish that eat meat (this will make it harder for her to hide the body).

All joking aside. I am looking for some guidance. I would like to have some real plants and fish that will not destroy them. Does anyone here think that starting to do live plants would be particularly difficult in this large of a tank?

Welcome to AA! :multi:

You're asking for trouble, buying a tank without your wife's permission! :wink:

I don't think that turning the 125 into a planted tank will be difficult. There are many beautiful plants that your wife would like!

Start by reading this series of threads and articles: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/read-first-resources-references-83826.html

Post any questions you have in the Planted Tank forum or other appropriate freshwater forum.

Welcome to AA! I would agree that since you purchased the tank without you're wife permission, large fish that eat meat would be good to stay away from. :p

A planted tank would be gorgeous. I have 135 gallon planted tank with a variety of tropical fish.

IMO a planted tropical tank is diffinately the way to go. You will find many pictures of planted tanks on here that would make you drool, and lots of help.

Good luck abd welcome to AA

I just started dabbling in planted tanks and I have to admit, I'm hooked! They're fun and they're beautiful! And there's a good selection of fish you can put in that WON'T eat them, and you'll have many more options in your 125g than i do in my 20g or 5g! And you'll definitely find a lot of good and friendly advice and help here! I know i did :)

Back
Top Bottom