Undrafted free agent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreenSuede

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello...

I'm a rookie at best... Just like 95% of kids, I wanted to be a marine biologist when I grew up, but that fell through (does insurance count?)... I grew up with a rather large fish tank, don't know the size it was since last time it was operational was '97 when we moved from MI to TX but I'll throw out maybe 60gal... Also had a hermit crab in a dry tank & a lizard w/ heat-rock in a (enter prefix here)rium... My brother even had piranhas for a short time, though I vaguely remember, but it was a large empty tank (no plants or rocks if i recall)...

Since we lived in MI, (vast wilderness), we actually had a large pond, (easily a mile circumference)... Pond gave us huge exposure to wildlife and frequently had painter turtles & box turtles... There were also snapper turtles, but we had an understanding, if we meet, I run screaming... It worked...

Long story, well, long... I've wanted another tank for a terribly long time and my animated desktop wallpaper just wasn't cutting it... Thanks to Cyber weekend and Walmart banking on my poor concept of volume... I purchased a 5gal hexagonal tank kit and the vast reaches of google sent me your way to a thread on what fish would consider residency in my urban real estate... After scrolling through a few scolding replies, one of your seasoned moderators gave some great advice and I was sold on the site...

Still haven't haven't filled the hex tank, but will with a few terras most likely. I just wanted something larger, so am currently in the hunt for a possible 20-40gal tank... So the digging begins, since I know the threads are here already... Anyway, thanks for the site and advice past, present & future...

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom