Vacation Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I am totally new to all this so please forgive my ignorance ?
My son has a fresh water tank of Cichlids that are his pride and joy! He is in the hospital for probably 30 days and I am caring for his babies. I live a couple hours away so can't get there every day is there a automatic feeder that anyone could recommend please? I have read that a lot of people do not like them- really do appreciate your help thanks so much!
Judy

It might help knowing a lot of folks only feed every 2-3 days, and mine only get fed daily leading up to an out of town trip for 5-7 days

Most fish should be good eating every 3-4 days if they were well fed before.
Feed them only what they eat completely in 5 minutes.
Ask your son if any of the fish have 'special needs'.
Stay away from auto feeders.
I have left my aquarium for over 9 days without incident.
Have you been told about water changes ?
Ask your son his water change schedule.Hopefully if you feed a little less then he did you can change a little less water then him.
Good luck ,thanks from a real fan of fish and ask for more help if you need.
Post pics and members may be more helpful...

Thank you

Thank you all for your helpful and kind responses I certainly do appreciate the help- what a great group you guys are!
Judy

This was a great question Judy. Most folks don't know that you can go 3 to 4 days with out feeding. I`m a SW person but they say that most Sw fish can go up to 2 weeks without eating. I don't know if that is true for FW fish but I`ll bet it is close.

Back
Top Bottom