Vampire Crab setup??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishySwarz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I'm not an expert or a newb. Twenty years of freshwater/tropical tanks have lead me to a point where I can't get the size tank I want without making structural changes to the house and so I have gone completely the other way. Currently running a nano tropical and have now started to construct a crab hab. Well, when I say construct I have a 26l tank, which matches the current fish tank, a piece of spindly bogwood, a leafy plastic plant, some plexi glass & a tube of silicone.

From the limited data I've been able to find and speaking to my lfs I believe the vampire crabs need 75% land/25% water. They like to climb and to burrow, eat pretty much anything a carnivorous amphibian eats except greens and have a very complicated moulting process. No special light requirements or brackish water to breed and moss is good for the females to burrow in while carrying eggs. temperature 20c/28c is good with 24c leading to more activity. Males have narrow abdomens whilst females are wide enough to cover the underside.

If I've got any of this wrong or if you have anything to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Apart from that top app!
Learning makes the world move forward.

Back
Top Bottom