Want to try a CO2 system for my new 75 gal planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GUZILLA

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and wanted to get some advice. I have a new 75 gal aquarium that I plan on setting up in a few weeks and I am planning to have a lot of plants to create a brilliant aquascape. In my 13 months of experience leading up to this new tank, I have had several planted tanks, but rarely the results I desire, so I would like to use a CO2 system for the first time to increase the lushness of the aquatic plants. I have had success growing many different types of plants, but they are never as full and vibrant as the ones I see online (usually thin and wiry).

I also plan to experiment by using pool filter sand (as it is inert) and premium substrate and separate the 2 mediums with aquarium safe plastic to reduce mixing. Using the substrate to plant and the sand as a pathway to give the scene some contrast and add an element of complexity.

My Questions:
1)Any suggestions for C02 systems out there? I currently have some 20 ounce CO2 paintball tanks, can I use these?

2)Are there any contingencies that I should be aware of before using 2 different substrate mediums?

I await your input/ suggestions. :popcorn:

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom