Warm Hello from Arizona!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmg996

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all, my names tyler and im probably a youngster in this fourm, 14. I may be young but I have owned many fish tanks, from a betta bowl, to a betts tank with shrimp and an upsidedown catfish, to a 10 gal guppie tank, to a 29 gal community with neon tetras, tiger barbs, bushynose pleco, baby rainbow shark, 3 apple snails, and baby angelfish. I have recently got a free 30 gal high from a friend, i say high because it is 14in wide, 20-25in tall and 30-36in long. It had a light and a bio wheel 170 filter. I got some gravel, decorations, filter cartridges, new lightbulb, new lid, food, de chlorination liquid, and 5 feeder platies to cycle. I know, i know fishless is the best! But i hate adding chemicals to a tank and doing a un natural fish cycle. Anyways, i dont have a heater, nor will i have one until tomorrow. I wont have a testing kit till friday, or if i beg and beg and beg a cheap one tomorrow. So far all the fish are alive, its been 4 days and everythings doing good, doing 25% PWC's every other day unless the fish get reddened gills or act strange. What do you guys think??? as for fish later on, i want a angelfish or two, a bushynose pleco, possibly some longfin rosy barbs, some cories, and snails. I want some schooling fish but have has neon tets before, looking for a change. Sorry this is so long but thanks!!! :D:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Barbs, danios, tetras, or rasboras. Plenty of options it just all depends on what you want or what you're interested in

Ive had tiger barbs and just LOVED them, but im afraid of bio overload and fin nipping at my angels, i would need at least 6 and thats my concern for bio issues

And tiger barbs are notorious for fin nipping, and a slow long finned angel might not be the best of friends :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom