Warning: Fish net fever on the rise.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical_Wannabe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've stumbled upon the site here, and after just a few minutes lurking around, I had to join up. It's nice to see an active forum with tons of information.

Okay, so I'm no rookie when it comes to fish keeping. Started when I was 8 years old. Back when K-Mart used to sell tropical fishes. Course I do realize that I'm not expert by any means.

Now that my kids are 'almost' grown and 'almost' out of the house, I thought it's time to get back into the hobby. At least in a larger sense.

With the exception of a couple of years, I've always had at least a 10 gallon setup. Quick and easy to maintain (about 30/weekend), and as my fish get bigger, I'll give them away to the local fish store or another aquarist with a more suitable sized aquarium.

The fever has really kicked in here lately. Course it doesn't help when you get those pretty catalogs in the mail either.

Looking forward being part of the happening here, and to improving my abilities with the help of your expertise.

ps. I love to cook too - just not :fish1:

Welcome to AA! :D
What do you have planned as far as a setup, fish selection?

Not entirely sure DoubleA.
I have a 75 gallon tank and stand in the garage collecting dust that will eventually may be my project tank. However, I noticed an ad at the local Petco, they have $1/gallon tanks till the 22nd of Sept.

May just have to get a couple 'growth' tanks. At the very least, I do need a good quarantine tank.

My 75 used to be my Tanganyika Chichlid tank. Could re-build that idea again. Open to suggestions really. (Possibly looking at a planted tank idea as well)

Back
Top Bottom