Wassuuup?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pistolero

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey something smells fishy in here........

j/k, nice place.

Found this forum looking for cycling info for a goldfish tank. I've been keeping a betta or three for a while and even successfully bred and raised a batch of fry a couple years ago. The kids recently decided they want some fancy goldfish so I'm doing a fishless cycle in a 10 gallon right now. I know that's not big enough for several goldfish and will get a 40 or 50 soon.
Thanks for having me.

Hey pistolero! :welcome: to AA! :)

A forty or fifty is not even big enough for "several" goldfish, "several" of them do better in a pond...forty or fifty is better for two or three.

:welcome: Fancy goldfish need a much bigger tank I'm sorry to say. :hide: I hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the welcome.

I was thinking a 50/55 after cycling, with extra filtration and regular pwc's should be good for 3 or 4 fantails, no?

Thanks, I'll run whatever HOB is recommended for the tank and put 1 or 2 of those simple sponge filters with the bubblers. :cool:

YES! SCORE, 50 gal found on craigslist. Just got home with it it's still out in the car. $40.:dance:

Ha! Yes, the kids are even more excited than I am. This is going to be a blast.:lol:
It's on the porch now, gonna clean it out good and make sure it holds water.

pistolero said:
Ha! Yes, the kids are even more excited than I am. This is going to be a blast.:lol:
It's on the porch now, gonna clean it out good and make sure it holds water.

Make sure the silicone sealant looks good and isn't old or cracked or anything

Yes. You can cut it all off and then go buy some silicone in the tube and make sure it doesn't have any mold resistant stuff in it. To be safe you can get the tubes that say aquarium safe if u can find it. And u gotta let it cure for like 48 hours before doing anything.

Idk if you should tho. If it is mildew than id say you should. It might hold water now but could fail or leak a year down the road

Cool! Try to get the aquarium safe! And you should look up a tutorial of how to do it too as i have never done it and don't know what to tell you.
Make sure its not mold/mildew resistant

I got GE Silicone I. Didn't get in the tank yet though. Got a little thunderstorm everything is soaked out there. Lots and lots of scraping and cleaning and scraping. I'll lay the new beads in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom