Went from 0 to 3 tanks in two months.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geostationary

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been keeping fish since I was a kid, but hadn't had any for maybe four or five years. I live in a tiny apartment, so nano tanks were my only option, really. I picked up a cheap 5gal hex tank of craigslist, cleaned it out, and decided I wanted to try live plants (first time for that one).

Since then it's ballooned into that tank being heavily planted with a couple white clouds, a lightly planted 5.5gal Red Cherry Shrimp Tank, and I just picked up another 5gal hex today at a thrift store.

In the next month or two I'd like to get the new tank planted and cycled and housing a dwarf puffer. Also considering planting the shrimp tank very heavily and adding a betta. Thoughts on low-tech plants (low to high light) for both tanks?

The Betta may slaughter the Shrimp. I'd keep separate. Ghost Shrimp can live with a Betta.

Good call. I've read that it depends on the betta. Would heavy planting help that? Still not sure if I want the betta or not.

Petco's $1/gal sale is probably happening in your area starting yesterday or tomorrow. Great time to snag a tank !!!

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Petco's $1/gal sale is probably happening in your area starting yesterday or tomorrow. Great time to snag a tank !!!

I wish I had the space for another tank. All my available space (and some that wasn't) is full until I move. I'd love to start a larger tank soon though.

Coursair:Thanks for the advice. I think I will keep it just shrimp, Don't want to risk losing too many of them.

Well, I just messed up a water change pretty bad and lost all the fish in the 5gal hex. Pretty sure I know what happened (water directly from the tap is a bad idea), but I feel awful. I guess I need to think about stocking two 5gals now.

Well, I just messed up a water change pretty bad and lost all the fish in the 5gal hex. Pretty sure I know what happened (water directly from the tap is a bad idea), but I feel awful. I guess I need to think about stocking two 5gals now.

I do that every time without issues. Did you forget to add conditioner ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I put Prime in my 1g jugs right after filling at the sink.
2 drops per gallon. If I think I might have forgotten, I add 2 more drops.

Sorry you lost fish.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to AA!

Some easy plants are Cryptocoryne wendtii, Java Fern, Java moss, moss balls, Anubias, wisteria, and some aponogeton species.

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom