What Fish Can I Keep With My ACF's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nevaehleon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:fish1:I have two small male ACF's in a ten gallon tank. Sand bottom, hiding spots, and filter are all in the tank. They are right now only about and inch. As you probably know they will get much larger and will eat small fish, I will soon be transferring them to a 20 gallon tank. I was wondering what kind of fish I can put in with them. I have read goldfish are ok on one website, but then when I look at a different website it tells me the complete opposite. I really like the look of puffer fish and I know they can puff up and have spikes so I didn't know if the frog would be injured by them or if it would stay away and live in peace with each other. I also read teatras, gourami, and glofish are good beause they are small and can get out o the jaws of an ACF easier, but I would think the frogs would just eat them right up. Please suggest anything to help I'm at a loss. :fish2::banghead::facepalm::-D

According to this website ACF's are best housed alone. They will eat anything that can fit in their mouth. When they reach the adult size, the only aquatic life that could live with them would be something like a large pleco, and even then the ACF may be stressed. A species only tank seems to be the way to go with these frogs.

Back
Top Bottom