What have I gotten myself into? =D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's saying he's spoiled. Lol! I can tell... I'm happy he has someone who cares about him. ?

Hes very handsome. He acts like he enjoys having his picture taken...a ham! Lol

He is a ham! And jealous! If I try to take a pic of Emmet or Fred. That's how I got this picture, he swam right in front of my phone. He's in my office at work. Almost every time I turn around and look at the tank he's staring at me.

He is a ham! And jealous! If I try to take a pic of Emmet or Fred. That's how I got this picture, he swam right in front of my phone. He's in my office at work. Almost every time I turn around and look at the tank he's staring at me.
Cause he likey! Lol

[emoji23] Lol! He's watching you to make sure you don't forget to check his water for ammonia spikes before you leave. Ha! Ha!... If he's watching you that much ,Get him some dry blood worms and tech him how to do tricks. Google it. "HOW TO TEACH BETTA TO DO TRICKS" It's pretty cool to do. You probably won't get much work done. Lol!

[emoji23] Lol! He's watching you to make sure you don't forget to check his water for ammonia spikes before you leave. Ha! Ha!... If he's watching you that much ,Get him some dry blood worms and tech him how to do tricks. Google it. "HOW TO TEACH BETTA TO DO TRICKS" It's pretty cool to do. You probably won't get much work done. Lol!

Haha! I did see one YouTube video on that. I think George probably could do tricks because he seems very responsive and isn't afraid of me at all. He's very curious. I like that George. =)

Well I may have good news? This morning the ammonia was between .25 and .5, the nitrite was 0, and the nitrate was between 0 and 5, not quite either of those two colors. If I have nitrates, doesn't that mean my tank is cycled? (crossing my fingers for your reply...)

Well I may have good news? This morning the ammonia was between .25 and .5, the nitrite was 0, and the nitrate was between 0 and 5, not quite either of those two colors. If I have nitrates, doesn't that mean my tank is cycled? (crossing my fingers for your reply...)
It could certainly be getting there. But even if it is, give it some more time to make sure. At least bettas depend on their auxiliary breathing organ in their heads called the labyrinth organ more than their gills, so they have a better chance of dealing with a little ammonia than most other fish...as long as they can get to an air supply aat the water's surface.

Test your tap water. Sometimes it has nitrate in it and throws a lot of people off. You would most likely see nitrite and higher nitrate in a cycling tank. Think the nitrate might be from your tap.

Test your tap water. Sometimes it has nitrate in it and throws a lot of people off. You would most likely see nitrite and higher nitrate in a cycling tank. Think the nitrate might be from your tap.
Your right. I forgot about slight nitrate in water treatment facilities. Especially some of the company's that add sodium nitrates to help bring down total hardness.

We have well water. Because of our business we test the water twice a year. We just tested 4/13/18 and you may be right. There were 0 nitrites, but 0.5 total nitrite/nitrate. But I was happy to see that the ammonia didn't get as high as it has the last couple of days.

We have well water. Because of our business we test the water twice a year. We just tested 4/13/18 and you may be right. There were 0 nitrites, but 0.5 total nitrite/nitrate. But I was happy to see that the ammonia didn't get as high as it has the last couple of days.
Good. You may actually be getting a group of Nitrosomas started (ammonia eaters), and if that's the case, then Nitrobacter(nitrite eaters) will be developing in there soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom