What’s up!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sugoi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys. My real name is Nick but Sugoi is just a tag name I guess? So, I own a lil 1.5 gallon Betta tank and a 75 gallon tropical tank.

I know the Betta tank is kinda small but I’m in college and I can’t really afford to upgrade his crib. My sister had bought him from Walmart and he looked extremely rough, didn’t take care of him and no heater!! After I saw his condition I decided it was my turn to save him. I’ve had him for about 1 month. I plan on putting sand in it because rocks looks so dumb and could maybe be a reason that his fins are cut up??? His fins are growing back, his color is much better, and he is finally building a bubble nest! He loves hanging out in the coconut at night and loves laying on the leaf hammock. I never realized how much personality these fish have until I got Standley. He’s not a very pretty Betta as of now, but I feel in a few months he will be gorgeous.

As for the 75 gallon tank. It holds 4 Giant Danios, (with one of them being my oldest at 3 years old!) 2 Bala sharks which are brand new (and need names so plz suggestions!!!), 1 Dojo loach named Mushu, 1 Pleco named Perry and 2 Cory Catfish (one is albino and one is natural???) named Bailey and Zack. I understand that Bala sharks get very large. I will keep them until around 8 -10 inches then give them away.

I’ve had aquariums before but honestly they were really lazily done. I have downloaded this app in hope of getting into the hobby more.

I look forward to talking to you guys and I’m super interested in what I can learn. I have plenty of questions and I hope I can get answers because I sometimes can’t find answers for the specific questions, or I feel as if it’s more trustworthy through a forum.

Either way, forums are always fun to meet new people and learn more!

- Nicholas

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 48
Welcome to AA! :welcome: Honestly 1.5 gallons is plenty for a betta to live a happy life! Looks like you have a pretty good handle on that. Also, your fish has raggedy looking fins because it is a crown tail betta. They are selectively bred for the shredded fin look and it has nothing to do with him getting cut on the rocks! AA is a fun community of hobbyists and where I learned a bunch when I first started out! Glad to have you here!

Welcome to AA! :welcome: Honestly 1.5 gallons is plenty for a betta to live a happy life! Looks like you have a pretty good handle on that. Also, your fish has raggedy looking fins because it is a crown tail betta. They are selectively bred for the shredded fin look and it has nothing to do with him getting cut on the rocks! AA is a fun community of hobbyists and where I learned a bunch when I first started out! Glad to have you here!

Thank you for the info on the Betta species. Already helpful info already :)

Back
Top Bottom