what up from philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mehess

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys what's going on new to aquarium advice but definitely not new to fish keeping, 75 gallon fresh water with a florida spotted gar and an albino I.d shark, and 125 salt water tank just got rid of my tang and other various schooling fish, selling the setup and starting my 1000 gallon build this weekend.

Howdy Neighbor, what part of Philly? I'm in the NE. I have a 125g freshwater, 40g reef, 40g Figure 8 Puffer Tank, and a 6g Fluval Edge Yellow Mantis Shrimp Tank. Would love to see some pics of you're set ups.

Hey guys sorry I'm getting around to pictures tonight works pretty crazy lately but I used to live in the north east as well right on frankford and cottman ave recently moved just outside of philly in the lansdale montgomery county area. I'll post pics up of my freshwater tonight because the salt setup has no fish and the filtration is apart because a buddies picking it up this weekend, I'll also throw up a picture of the frame of my 1000 gallon just waiting on glass and the fiberglass to come in.

I'll also throw up a picture of the frame of my 1000 gallon just waiting on glass and the fiberglass to come in.

What type of setup are you making it?
I wish I could have a huge setup.

Hey guys sorry like I said earlier works been getting crazy and my phone takes bad pictures but I had these laying around taken about 2 days after I got my I.d shark her names quintana and she eats everything haha sorry about more focus on the fish shots then the tank itself but it's pretty generic 75 gal with two fluval over the top 65 gallon filters and moderate decorations and as far as the big build goes little to no progress from last post still kind of a big box but the dimensions run roughly around 9 ' x 56" x 46" which puts it somewhere around the ballpark of 1,099 gallons. The orders placed for filtration and I'm putting in bulk heads before I fiberglass so as soon as everythings here I'll take way too many pictures and keep you guys up on everything.

ForumRunner_20130722_180611.jpg

ForumRunner_20130722_180627.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update on the big tank; haha well ran into some problems with being this trigger happy on the build so basically had to scrap the first design since I'm building it at my shop and then transporting it home via f 350 dump truck it's gotta be able to fit in the basement doorway so I went back to the drawing board and figured out new dimension it will now be 96" x 72" x 40" I'll do a quick mock up with my 1 inch plywood, hardest to find ( well at least for free from jobsites) tomorrow if I don't get off of work at 6 again but everyone keeps asking me what's going in it, it's definitely a shark tank which you probably already guessed but as to what sharks not completely sure, leaning towards smooth hound.

Back
Top Bottom