What's going on everyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nellynel

Aquarium Advice Regular
:fish2: Glad to join the group. I have a 55 gallon with two Top Fin 30 filters. I have a red jewel, turquoise jewel, a auratus, bumble bee and a African feather fin catfish. I have a real piece of drift wood and three other plastic ornaments. I hope to get some good advice in here.

Hello Nell...

Decent filtration in your 55 G. Your tank will need a minimum of 220 gph moved through the tank and you have 300. That's good. Don't forget to change out half the tank water every week or two. What's your opinion on real plants?

B

Hello Nell...

Decent filtration in your 55 G. Your tank will need a minimum of 220 gph moved through the tank and you have 300. That's good. Don't forget to change out half the tank water every week or two. What's your opinion on real plants?

B

I tried real plants a few times in the past but cichlids and crawfish mess it up too much. If you have community fish that are not to rough it may be okay. I do love real plants for the look and what they do for the tank but cichlids are my fish. What kind of fish do you have?

Hello Nell...
What's your opinion on real plants?

B

I thought about trying real plants again but decided to try the fake stuff for the first time. Another reason why i decided to go fake is because i put my tank right in front of a patio window. I know some advise against this because of increased algae growth and possible heat but it doesn't get very hot in San Diego and i was trying algae inhibiting liquid. Also I really like that i can raise the blinds and look at the tank from outside and its good for when I have people on the patio for a party or something. I stopped using it about a month ago and i just clean the algae off myself every week and a half to two weeks. I'm trying to find a good algae eater to add besides a pleco (i don't think they eat enough algae off the glass and i already have a bottom feeder) that can survive with my fish.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130723_093717.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130723_093717.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 33
  • ForumRunner_20130723_093742.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130723_093742.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom