Whats Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Fish Pimp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I'm new to the saltwater fish thing. I have a 75 gal tank I purchased off a dude who had a couple of sharks and a ray. I took them over to the local fish store for credit towards other fish. I was worried that they would die on transport so kinda felt it was the right thing to do. Now I have some rocks, Dual Bio Wheel filter (i think thats what its called) And Home depot lighting. LOL I just got the light fixture there but put the proper lights in it. I added a clownfish to the tank named Taco he's just swimming around all by himself, in the tank but I will be getting him a friend shortly. So here is a list of what I will be getting next.

Protein Skimmer

Proper lighting 48" Corallife lighting

Adding another clownfish a Tang and others. I eventually want to add corals and other nice stuff.

Well look forward to hearing your advise and tips!

The Fish Pimp

Welcome to AA! You definitely found a great place for help and advice.

First, good call on getting credit for the other fish.

Did you cycle your tank before adding the clown?

Welcome to the site!
Can you do me a favor and post your questions in the SW - Getting Started section?

Welcome to AA! You definitely found a great place for help and advice.

First, good call on getting credit for the other fish.

Did you cycle your tank before adding the clown?

The tank had sand in it already so I took out half of the water and filled it back up with new water and the proper salt mix. Turned on my filter and let it do its thing for like 3 to 4 days.

Hello and Welcome to AA - I'm a freshwater kind of guy myself - but I looked through the saltwater section - seems to be a lot of knowledge and experience there ---- Personally I find it all too confusing thats why I stick with freshwater --- enjoy

Welcome to AA! I'm new to the aquarium hobby myself, but I really hope to stick with hobby so that I can upgrade to a SW tank. (sticking to the FW tank to keep things simple) Anyway, just wanted to say I'm jealous that you have a clownfish, because I love them! Not to mention you named it Taco, that's a pretty sweet name for a fish! : D Any reason why you decided on that name?

Good luck with everything!

Welcome to AA! I'm new to the aquarium hobby myself, but I really hope to stick with hobby so that I can upgrade to a SW tank. (sticking to the FW tank to keep things simple) Anyway, just wanted to say I'm jealous that you have a clownfish, because I love them! Not to mention you named it Taco, that's a pretty sweet name for a fish! : D Any reason why you decided on that name?

Good luck with everything!

clownfishes are the best, u missed my thread about how mine acts like a cat. he swimws around in a nook and then literally lays down in it when he feels comfortable. on here youll get enough help to start a salt tank =)

clownfishes are the best, u missed my thread about how mine acts like a cat. he swimws around in a nook and then literally lays down in it when he feels comfortable. on here youll get enough help to start a salt tank =)

I guess I did miss that thread, but that's awesome! : ) Clownfish seem like great fish, I don't really know much about them yet, other than I like the way they look, like I said I'm still a noob, but I'm learning loads! : ) Does your clownfish have a name?

not my younger one that acts like a cat, my bigger one does. semo, but hes not even my fish, im babysitting.

Back
Top Bottom