Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-04-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

What's up

What's up everybody I'm new to AA. Iv had the same 55 gallon tank my whole life it's gone through several stages from carnivorous freshwater fish like oscars and pacu's then to a river tank with cichlids that'd bread uncontrollably then to a saltwater FOWLR for a while then I had an octopus in there for about a year and a half and when it died I got super sad and stopped taking care of my tank needless to say that octopus was my pride and joy. But recently I revamped my tank, I had pretty bad nitrate problem from neglecting my water changes but now that that is fixed I have been starting up a new phase of my tank and am beginning to get into sps corals most specifically, I think iv got a pretty good hand on things but I'm definatly still a rookie when it comes to hard corals and I joined this site see what else I can learn to make my tank better.

I've had a couple other nano tanks as well with decent success with lps, and soft corals are no problem however, this is my first time venturing into the world of sps

I was previously studying biology before deciding to become a firefighter so I have a pretty profound knowledge of science, oceanography and chemistry being my favorite so whatever you guys have to teach me about water chemistry and biological chem I'd love to learn and would greatly appreciate what you have to tell me.

Ohh and also I love looking at new things under my microscope so if you guys have any suggestions of thing to look at let me know!

Old 03-04-2014, 01:45 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Welcome to AA! Nice to have another reefer here!

bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:53 AM   #3

Thank man!
Old 03-04-2014, 01:59 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMance View Post
Thank man!
No problem! There's a bunch of knowledgeable reef people on here, I'm sure they're all just asleep at the moment but many of them keep sps. I do too actually and it is a challenge but definitely more rewarding than lps and softies IMO.
bribo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #5

I can't wait to see what I can learn! I am really curious about what people choose to supplement with and where they like to keep their levels at and the results such as growth and color they have

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com