white bugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdr57

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,I have a 55 gal. SW tank with 1 clown fish in it. I am seeing tiny white bugs all over the glass. Did a small water change two weeks ago and cleaned the glass but they returned. What are they and what can I do to get rid of them. Tank has been running for about eight years.
Thanks
Mike

im no expert or anything... but are they on the inside or outside

being a reptile keeper the first time that comes to mind is dust mites.

Near impossible to nuke. what i do is extensivly clean the entire tank.... dont forget any nuks and crannys... was EVERYWHERE. then i put double sided tape around the entire tank... doesnt need to be huge .. these are tiny tiny bugs we are talking about. in all likelyhood if they are dust mites your tank is not the cause of the mites

-Brad

Welcome to AA. If I was you I would post this question on the SW forums. There `s not alot of folks that come to the welcome forum. More people will see it there.

Welcome to AA!

I would venture to guess they are copepods or a type of isopod. If you can get a pic of them that would be great. Otherwise go here and see if you can find one that matches up with what you are seeing.

Back
Top Bottom