Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-27-2014, 03:59 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

White Clouds (Tanichthys albonubes)

Hey guys, I am a new member and not really knowledgable about keeping fish, having only kept goldfish (successfully) before.

We have a small pond - 6" deep x 18" x 3ft in the backyard. It is in partial sun and gets morning sun and afternoon shade. I put a few plants in there - above and below water level. I soon observed that the plants attracted mosquito crawlers.

So, I changed the water (fresh), left it for 3 days to clear the chlorine and flouride and then bought 5 "white cloud" (Tanichthys albonubes) fish - 2 female and 3 males. They started eating the wrigglers and all looked good. The water has a fountain which I turn on for 1 hr twice a day. The water is clear and not overly cold or hot.

They seem to be OK, but have taken to hiding when I come out to the pond.

I just wanted to say hello and ask for information about white cloud; does anyone keep these little guys and have them living with frogs or other fish?

Thanks,

Geoff

Old 11-27-2014, 04:15 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

They may just be getting used to you. They are pretty fast, so they should be alright when it comes to predation.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:50 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Welcome to AA! They will eventually greet you most likely

Fishobsessed7

Fishobsessed7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, ich, loud, tan, white, white cloud, white clouds

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com