White Clouds (Tanichthys albonubes)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Geoff Denman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I am a new member and not really knowledgable about keeping fish, having only kept goldfish (successfully) before.

We have a small pond - 6" deep x 18" x 3ft in the backyard. It is in partial sun and gets morning sun and afternoon shade. I put a few plants in there - above and below water level. I soon observed that the plants attracted mosquito crawlers.

So, I changed the water (fresh), left it for 3 days to clear the chlorine and flouride and then bought 5 "white cloud" (Tanichthys albonubes) fish - 2 female and 3 males. They started eating the wrigglers and all looked good. The water has a fountain which I turn on for 1 hr twice a day. The water is clear and not overly cold or hot.

They seem to be OK, but have taken to hiding when I come out to the pond.

I just wanted to say hello and ask for information about white cloud; does anyone keep these little guys and have them living with frogs or other fish?

Thanks,

Geoff

They may just be getting used to you. They are pretty fast, so they should be alright when it comes to predation. :)

Back
Top Bottom