White Spot Treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PATTY7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, new to forum. I recently assumed responsibility for a new 310 litre tank. All was going well but now young Clown Loaches introduced 3 weeks ago have White Spot, and 3yr old Clown Loaches and other fish have caught it. Interpet White Spot Remover advises to remove Carbon and Zeolite Filter Media. I have an Aquamanta 400 External Filter which has "Advanced Ceramic Media" in it. Do I remove this and the carbon:confused:? Urgent help please - thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum:)
I would give the tank a general syphon and clean,then take out the carbon and zeolite,leave the other stuff in that's essential for the tank to run properly{keeps the friendly bacteria in place} then start the treatment but at half dosage for starters as clowns can be sensitive to some medications.:)

Thanks Stingrays4! So I'm right in thinking the "Advanced Ceramic Media" is the Zeolite then? Would it be ok to start treatment tomorrow afternoon, as late now to be syphoning and cleaning tank? Or would you start treatment anyway? Thanks again.

Hi no the 'Advance ceramic media' is for the biological part of the filter leave this in place. Carbon is usually black and zeolite is usually white'ish colour.
Tomorrow will be fine to make a start(y) yes to late in the day to be doing water changes:)

Hi yes thanks for asking:) good luck for tomorrow and they will be alright:fish2: also please keep us posted on how it goes with the medicine:)

Back
Top Bottom