Wholesale tropical fish supplier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamkid44

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. I am new to this forum and appreciate any information you all may be able to provide. I have a 200 gallon tropical fish tank and have purchased a far majority of my fish from local stores. I was wondering if anyone can recommend an online wholesaler for salt water fish. Watched the show Tanked on Animal Planet its apparent these guys get their fish from a wholesaler in California. Does anyone have any information on them as well?

As I said any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Wholesalers generally only sell to businesses, not private individuals. Get a business license and register for sales tax in your state and then you have a chance.

Be aware that businesses do not have it easy when it comes to ordering fish. They order a lot, and a lot die. They usually have to go through a few orders with each of a few wholesalers before they find one with 'acceptable losses' that they feel they can work well with. They also have many tanks (more like large, well-established systems) to put this sudden increase in bioload into. In order to meet their minimum order you would probably have to finish stocking your tank all at once. You also get no option of seeing the fish you want to buy before actually getting them. This means you could end up with under-sized, thin, inappetent, and sickly fish.

I suggest you simply put in special orders to your local shops, probably with a deposit.

Wholesalers generally only sell to businesses, not private individuals. Get a business license and register for sales tax in your state and then you have a chance.

Be aware that businesses do not have it easy when it comes to ordering fish. They order a lot, and a lot die. They usually have to go through a few orders with each of a few wholesalers before they find one with 'acceptable losses' that they feel they can work well with. They also have many tanks (more like large, well-established systems) to put this sudden increase in bioload into. In order to meet their minimum order you would probably have to finish stocking your tank all at once. You also get no option of seeing the fish you want to buy before actually getting them. This means you could end up with under-sized, thin, inappetent, and sickly fish.

I suggest you simply put in special orders to your local shops, probably with a deposit.

Oh thats really interesting. I've always wanted a fish from the suppliers, but I'm not confident about their ability to identify the fish and I don't get to see the healthy condition of the fish I want.

Btw, welcome to the website jamkid

Back
Top Bottom