Wroberson, An Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wroberson

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love astronomy and fringe sciences. I have see asteroids at close approach, within minutes of volcano eruptions and fireballs crossing the sky. I have seen coronal mass ejections occur within minutes of earthquakes. I enjoy watching the weather and sunspots. I travel a lot and have 2 trips planned. 1 is Yellowstone for New Year's Eve. The Other is Las Vegas for March Madness. I know that the first 4 seeds win their first round games 83% of the time. I drive a convertible and live my life based on being happy. Sometimes it's tough when you lose things that are important, but soon are forgotten and no longer exists in this Universe.

I'm here more to give than receive. To be direct, I'm here just passing time and I enjoy posting, texting, blogging and other forms of expressing. It's healthy and relaxing. I don't feel the need to compete for attention. If it comes my way I will take to heart what is said. It is very entertaining.

About my Aquarium and fish keeping message board habits. I don't like the standard answers. How many watts? When was your last water change? Have you tried overdosing to get rid of it? These are answers you will not get from me. They are demeaning, indifferent, rude, and lazy. I will look up online your light fixture and find the information and then answer your question. It takes less time to do than typing this sentence. I will look up your fish, and if I can tell the difference between 2 different yet similar fish, I will post my best judgement as to which fish you have. And I refuse to go off topic. Confusion causes more problems than it fixes.

About my Aquarium and fish keeping habits. They are improving. Instead of looking at my tank as a glass of drinking water, I look at it as a natural area like a body of water, a glistening mountain stream or high altitude mountain lake. I have learned about the fish I keep and know how many ppm of different elements is good for them. I know more about house plants and plants grown indoors than I do emersed and submersed aquatic plants. What I do know is that they have the same basic requires when it comes to the elements and nutrient they utilize for growth and respiration.

You can read about my 125 gallon tank, my fish, my plants and my snail at my profile.

Here are the before pictures. As for the after or during pictures, I may not be here that long to post them.

Have a great day and a better aquarium!

William

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 79
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 63
Thanks both of you guys. It's in much better shape than it was 2 weeks ago. The heat wave and temps at or above 90. Add the 3 days of lost electricity and it was going to happen. I don't think I lost as many $$$ in plants over 20 months than I just put into the tank a week ago.

There's a lot of information to sort through. With everyone having different goal for their tanks there's plenty of advice to found an answer. No one's been rude. People seem to be able to post what ever they feel like. I haven't see any flaming. My tank has improved since I landed here and that's all that counts.

Thanks again. That's the before picture(s).

So far everyone seems to be peaceful around here. Usually by now, I've racked up several bad reports, and banned. I just thought I'd get that out of the way in my 1st post. There's a lot of different communities out here and my way of fish keeping doesn't appeal to everyone. I'd still like to find the magic combination of filter media that maintains a tank to the point where I wouldn't have to empty it out every week.

It'll be something like, 5% heavy metal removal, 10% NH4 removal, 25% PO4 removal, and and 60% NO3 removal and provides a total of 105"-420" of volume for bacteria ((5x7x3)x1) to ((5x7x3)x4). That's one 5"x7" pad 3" deep times 1, 2, 3, or 4 for a 125 gallon aquarium. Can be cleaned, rinsed and reused every 60-90 days. Cost about $10.00-$40.00.

Wroberson, An Update

Well,

As I have posted somewhere, I have 2 trips that have been planned for 9 months. I also mentioned that I spent a small bankroll dealing with an old fish tank with high levels of everything and low on plants.

I will be going to Yellowstone for a week over New Year's. I made the reservation back on March 12th. They were busy that day, a lot wanted to be there for 12-21-2012. Doomsday. I can appreciate that. I was lucky to get Tour I wanted. I would have liked to hit the tour on New Year's Day, but it was booked. So, I'll be taking an all day tour of Canyon on the 2nd. The day before I leave.

Well, I managed to put the maximum in the bank this week after nothing to minimum over the last 3 weeks because I cared enough to clean up the tank. Last week I needed $35.00 per week to pay off my credit cards before I pick up the rental car. Thank to yet another court settlement, this time against Google and the cash I got for returning something I didn't want in the first place, I picked up a few extra dollars. $24.47 from google and $12.79 from petsmart.

I guess I should mention I only work 3 days a week delivering Chicken and Waffles. All I do is sit at home and wait for the phone to ring. If the phone doesn't ring, I get paid some cash. When the phone rings, I get deliveries, plus the cash. If it was a 6-7 shifts per week, It's a good paying second job. But at three days or 13 hours, you don't make as much obviously.

So this week I was about to deposit a little extra and now, instead of $35.00 per week, I only need $27.50 to get the cards paid off in time. Should I revert back to how I was before deciding to save my fish, I'll have it all paid with plenty of time to actually pay for the the gas and rental car and not use the credit again. I'll likely use the credit and keep the cash in the bank.

I've always been like this with money. Figure out how much my monthly expenses are and use the extra to pay off the credit cards. All it means is that I don't spend my money on weekly recreational things. I save my pennies and take vacations. Yes, I get bored at times, but sometimes you have to set priorities of what's important.

The other trip is in March. Rio, Las Vegas for March Madness. It's also paid for, but I need a rental car for a drive to Zion National Park and a zip line tour with my sister. I only had to pay airfare. The suite was comped. This is my second love. Gambling. I'm pretty good at it. It comes from learning about the games and knowing how to legally adjust the house edge sometimes into my favor. I've had 3 notable winning streaks. 12 days in a row, 23 days in a row, and 22 days in a row. They'll show you the video and tell you I'm ahead a solid 35K, I disagree, it's closer to 15K.

The good news is that there plenty of time to save money for betting on the teams in my bracket. There's some useful information online about the winning percentages of all the seeds in the first round. #1 seeds have only lost 1 game. That was last year. There's more.

Thanks for reading. I do surf the boards daily. I may not always comment, but I'm there reading and looking.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom