Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thumbs up Yaayy i'm an Aquaruim Owner :)

Helllooo Everyone...

I finally bit the bullet, i'm sooo happy. Been wanting to get into aquaruims and tanks for awhile now... just never found the time. But now everything has CHANGED! I owe it to my fascination towards marine life, scuba diving , and learning new stuff... also i gotta give credit to the TV show "Tanked" hahaha that really got me excited about - someday- getting into the hobby.

Lucky me i was online one day and noticed a fishtank for sale, pretty much everything included (tank, fish, filter, heater, foot..etc) Apparently this lovely french family had to move and decided to sell their tank before they leave.. so i jumped on the opportunity, considering it was a really sweet deal too (~170$).

Ive had the tank for 10 days now and thankfully all the fish survived the move and stuff, ive been reading up and researching everything i need to know in the meantime...maintenance, nitrogen cycle, feeding, compatibility...etc

And now i'm here for some quick guidance. I've learnt soo many hobbies and skills because of forums, you gotta love that ****!

If you have any advice on receiving and/or maintaining a second hand tank.. let me know.. I still have soo many plans for aquascaping and maybe upgrading a few things here and there....

Sorry for the long post, ill be submitting my questions in the appropriate sections...

Nice site you guys got going here, thumbs up to the dev team

Old 05-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to THE forum !

Old 05-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi, welcome to the forum

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 05-18-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo one View Post
Welcome to THE forum !
hahah thanks Rodeo, poor guy you seem to be the only active member in the introduction sections.. thx for taking the time.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400430418.295513.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	237607
This is a pic of me with my favorite PBR bullrider. Sooooo.....not a guy .
My forum name comes from one of my cats, he was born on a weekend when a big rodeo around these parts took place.
And I love to welcome people here, if my husband hadn t found this site, I hate to think where I d be with my tanks. I ve gotten so much help here, love this forum.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Welcome to AA! I am sure you will enjoy your stay and be sure to post a picture or two when you have some time. We all love the pictures!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:35 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo one View Post
Attachment 237607
This is a pic of me with my favorite PBR bullrider. Sooooo.....not a guy .
My forum name comes from one of my cats, he was born on a weekend when a big rodeo around these parts took place.
And I love to welcome people here, if my husband hadn t found this site, I hate to think where I d be with my tanks. I ve gotten so much help here, love this forum.
Ahh my bad, you know how it is Ma'am too many assumptions are made online. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melosu58 View Post
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.
Hiii, my name is Omar and i'm a Fish Addict :p hahaha well not yet atleast... Already saw some user pics and i'm getting the case of tank envy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinKY View Post
Welcome to AA! I am sure you will enjoy your stay and be sure to post a picture or two when you have some time. We all love the pictures!
Thanks for the warm welcome, ill be sure to upload some pics.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:57 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Newbie

You can check out the pics here

Aquaruim - Imgur
Old 05-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hi Omar. If you are looking for more tanks already and have a facebook page they can be a handy place to find aquarium groups or pet pages locally. I picked up two tanks off a local aquarium buy swap and sell group. Or you ca use something like gumtree to search for used aquariums and equipment. If you buy a tank with stand, check the stand for water damage and ask to have the tank filled when you visit so you can look for leaks. Or take a torch and look along the seals for damage.

Anyway glad you found the hobby and it seems you picked up MTS (multiple tank syndrome) early. It's both fun and terrible at the same time. Water changes seem never ending when you have about 5 running tanks. Aquascaping is addictive and is great fun when you create a scape you like. Do you plan to add live plants at some stage?

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...al-292013.html
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com