Yaayy i'm an Aquaruim Owner :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sabz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Helllooo Everyone...

I finally bit the bullet, i'm sooo happy. Been wanting to get into aquaruims and tanks for awhile now... just never found the time. But now everything has CHANGED! I owe it to my fascination towards marine life, scuba diving , and learning new stuff... also i gotta give credit to the TV show "Tanked" hahaha that really got me excited about - someday- getting into the hobby.

Lucky me i was online one day and noticed a fishtank for sale, pretty much everything included (tank, fish, filter, heater, foot..etc) Apparently this lovely french family had to move and decided to sell their tank before they leave.. so i jumped on the opportunity, considering it was a really sweet deal too (~170$).

Ive had the tank for 10 days now and thankfully all the fish survived the move and stuff, ive been reading up and researching everything i need to know in the meantime...maintenance, nitrogen cycle, feeding, compatibility...etc

And now i'm here for some quick guidance. I've learnt soo many hobbies and skills because of forums, you gotta love that ****!

If you have any advice on receiving and/or maintaining a second hand tank.. let me know.. I still have soo many plans for aquascaping and maybe upgrading a few things here and there....

Sorry for the long post, ill be submitting my questions in the appropriate sections...

Nice site you guys got going here, thumbs up to the dev team :)

Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400430418.295513.jpg
This is a pic of me with my favorite PBR bullrider. Sooooo.....not a guy :).
My forum name comes from one of my cats, he was born on a weekend when a big rodeo around these parts took place.
And I love to welcome people here, if my husband hadn t found this site, I hate to think where I d be with my tanks. I ve gotten so much help here, love this forum.

Welcome to AA! I am sure you will enjoy your stay and be sure to post a picture or two when you have some time. We all love the pictures! :)

View attachment 237607
This is a pic of me with my favorite PBR bullrider. Sooooo.....not a guy :).
My forum name comes from one of my cats, he was born on a weekend when a big rodeo around these parts took place.
And I love to welcome people here, if my husband hadn t found this site, I hate to think where I d be with my tanks. I ve gotten so much help here, love this forum.

Ahh my bad, you know how it is Ma'am :) too many assumptions are made online. Thanks again!

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

Hiii, my name is Omar and i'm a Fish Addict :p hahaha well not yet atleast... Already saw some user pics and i'm getting the case of tank envy!

Welcome to AA! I am sure you will enjoy your stay and be sure to post a picture or two when you have some time. We all love the pictures! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, ill be sure to upload some pics.

Hi Omar. If you are looking for more tanks already and have a facebook page they can be a handy place to find aquarium groups or pet pages locally. I picked up two tanks off a local aquarium buy swap and sell group. Or you ca use something like gumtree to search for used aquariums and equipment. If you buy a tank with stand, check the stand for water damage and ask to have the tank filled when you visit so you can look for leaks. Or take a torch and look along the seals for damage.

Anyway glad you found the hobby and it seems you picked up MTS (multiple tank syndrome) early. It's both fun and terrible at the same time. Water changes seem never ending when you have about 5 running tanks. Aquascaping is addictive and is great fun when you create a scape you like. Do you plan to add live plants at some stage?

:) Welcome to AA! I love your enthusiasm for the hobby! It is a great hobby to get into! Is that your aquarium in the pic link you shared? Looks very nice! :)

Thannks Alan. Thats solid advice. I checked on fb for other groups in my locale and a buddy of mine thats into this stuff.. ill be in the loop on tank deals and stuff... really no rush in buying a new tank. My friend has an extra one we can use while I upgrade mine and give it a whole new look.

Im sure the maintenance and upkeep can be tiring. Are you utiliIng a dripper system? I heq4 they can minimize water changes. Some claim you wont need any at all..

Definitely YES about the plants. I plan to get a few.. once I figure out what I have locally and compatibility and stuff. Still a slight learning curve there I have to catch up on.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thankss. Im really excited about it. Especially after seeing some of the awesome tank pics on AA.

Yes thats the one in the pic... its a starting point ill say that... but came with some nice fish... 9 in total. If you click my profile you should see the details...and pls excuse the ****** camera work. Its much prettier in real life.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom