Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Originally Posted by melosu58 View Post
Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.
Thank you

Karlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Karlz View Post
Thanks for your replies! I spoke to the previous owner and she said that his eye just seemed to get worse over time. There were no other fish in his tank and his eye has been like this for a year or so.

Yes 2 goldies in a 20 gallon tank. Not knowing anything about fish I went by what the pet shop who said 2 would be ok. Now I have done some more reading it seems no? They have only been in the new tank for less than a week and I don't have anywhere to separate them. What sort of water changing/cleaning routine do you suggest?

And I think I may have answered my own question about the white dots on the plants etc - this morning half of the, have disappeared and now there are little "things" swimming around or attached to the glass. Do I presume these are fry?

Very hard to say what the white dots were but I highly doubt they are fry. Let us know what they develop into!

Hmm as far as water changing and cleaning goes you will want to watch the levels. When they are elevated you will change the water. Ideally you'd have no ammonia or nitrite and 20ish ppm. These numbers will be harder to maintain as the fish grow.

It is a fish eat fish world!

Sometimes learning from the mistakes of others is all the education and experience you need.
bigbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
to the forum! You look like you are being taken care of. I have one question, did u cycle the new tank before you put them in? Acclimate? If the tank wasn't cycled they could be stressed due to water parameters changing and the tank cycling which can be hard on fish.

Also I agree with the rest said above.

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote

newbie, urgent

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com