1 48" or 2 30" Coralife Aqualight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Revival

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I am planning on getting a 110 gallon freshwater tank soon and am debating getting either:

2x - Coralife Aqualight Dual Linear Strip T5 Aquarium LIghting Fixture, 2x18 watt, 30 inch

or

Coralife Aqualight Dual Linear Strip T5 Aquarium LIghting Fixture, 2x28 watt, 48 inch

The tank will be 60" long. I really dont like the look of a 48" fixture on a 60" tank. But i am not sure what the difference in brightness with be between the 2 30" and the 48".

If anyone has any experience with using a 48" fixture and switching to 2 30" or vice versa using aqualight or any other fixture for that matter, i would greatly appreciate any input or advice.

I dont know what direction to go... why dont they make a 60" fixture!...lol any help is appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

Definitely double up with the two, Coralife Aqualight Dual Linear Strip T5 Aquarium LIghting Fixture, 2x18 watt, 30 inch.

Significant differences, more wattage per gallon if you aquascape, more intense and more even lighting of entire tank and less shadows.

Definitely double up with the two, Coralife Aqualight Dual Linear Strip T5 Aquarium LIghting Fixture, 2x18 watt, 30 inch.

Significant differences, more wattage per gallon if you aquascape, more intense and more even lighting of entire tank and less shadows.

I believe these lights come with the mounting legs. Do you know if i would to be able to put them side by side if i chose to use the legs? Im not sure how far the legs would stick out

your lighting should depend on what you intend to keep or what your trying to achieve in your aqua scape if your just trying to light up the tank then either will work

your lighting should depend on what you intend to keep or what your trying to achieve in your aqua scape if your just trying to light up the tank then either will work

I understand that but i guess im just trying to find out if there is a major difference between the different sizes. I seen several 60" tanks with 48" lighting and i just dont like how it looks with 6" of empty space on each side, but i am open to ideas and opinions from other people.

The leg's spread is adjustable, IIRC they slide along the side of the fixture.
Two should fit side by side, check and see if you find the actual fixture measurements.

The leg's spread is adjustable, IIRC they slide along the side of the fixture.
Two should fit side by side, check and see if you find the actual fixture measurements.

Ok thank you. Im still interested if anyone wants to put up any photos for those of you that use 2 fixtures side by side on their tank. Thanks in advance.

The legs are adjustable but are designed to fit the tank edges. You can bring them to fit a smaller tank, but not extend them to fit a longer tank. Your best bet would be to get the ceiling mounting kit.

As this is a FW tank eiither will do, but I would go with the 2 x 30" fixtures and two hanging kits.

Thx guys, i appreciate all your help. I still got alot of time before i get everything i need so im still trying to do alot of research. Thx again.

like bigjim said you could stagger two 48 inch fixtures or you could build your own fixture and stagger the bulbs inside

Back
Top Bottom