10" Finnex FugeRay ultra slim.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylefight11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a tank that is 13.5" long, has 6.25" wide side panels, and is about 10" deep.
Would the 10" fixture fit over the tank? And how much light would it produce? I have Anubias, Christmas Moss, Moneywort, and anacharis (which may be taken out). Will it provide enough light for everything?

I'm also curious! (I know, so helpful right?) It seems to have good reviews. Depending on the yays/nays this thread gets I'll possibly get one for my planted RCS and Scarlet Badis tank!

I have no doubt that it works well, my main concern is if the legs extend far enough out to fit over my tank.

If we're talking about the same light it doesn't have legs... It has a single arm. Can you post a link to the light you're talking about

If we're talking about the same light it doesn't have legs... It has a single arm. Can you post a link to the light you're talking about

The one im talking about is bigger. Let me see the link to yours. I dont have a link

The one im talking about is bigger. Let me see the link to yours. I dont have a link

Oh sorry, I googled it and didn't realize they had a different ultra slim model. They don't sell it on the site I was on so I couldn't find one with legs.

Edit: The ultra slim I'm finding with legs does not appear to be adjustable. The 12inch one probably isn't even enough but I'm not sure how they measure them vs. how it would fit a tank. This is the one correct?

http://www.finnex.net/index.php?opt...ge.tpl&category_id=4&product_id=337&Itemid=61

According to a review I read, (and the images seem to back this up) the legs fit into grooves and can slide the entire length of the unit. I just don't know if they slide out far enough to fit over my tank.

EDIT:
I just emailed Finnex so hopefully I will get an answer soon.

EDIT2:
Here is the review I mentioned:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=173593

According to a review I read, (and the images seem to back this up) the legs fit into grooves and can slide the entire length of the unit. I just don't know if they slide out far enough to fit over my tank.

I read one like that too but it was about a different model. I'd go for the twelve to be relatively safe though. The fact that there's only a two inch difference means they probably don't adjust out a ton

Yeah, I just edited my post but it doesn't appear to be adjustable and the 10 inch one would be too short if they're measuring end to end
I know it's off topic ...... but everyone should check out the photos of your fish in your profile/album. Nice job ...... nice fish.

EDIT:
I just emailed Finnex so hopefully I will get an answer soon.

EDIT2:
Here is the review I mentioned:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=173593

Did you hear back from Finnex? What did they say? Did you get the 12" FugeRay? For the 12" the legs need to move outward 3/4". If I get a chance, I will see how far I can move it out wards.

They emailed me back and said that the legs aren't adjustable. If the fixture doesn't match the length of the tank, you're out of luck.

Back
Top Bottom