10 gallon aquarium with an 18inch lightning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. Limpet said:
As long as the fixture fits on your tank, why not? Are you planning on putting plants in? If so, the type of lighting (wattage, kelvin) is the bigger issue.

I think it will just be sitting into of my tank. I'm just scared that the heat from the light will crack the aquarium. And yes I am planning on having plants. What do u recommend?

I think it will just be sitting into of my tank. I'm just scared that the heat from the light will crack the aquarium. And yes I am planning on having plants. What do u recommend?

Don't worry about heat from the light unless it's a heat lamp and even then the water will soak up heat faster that the fixture could ever create it and no it won't crack your glass.

As for lighting on a 10g, that's pretty easy as most aquarium light fixtures are in the 15-20w range, which is more than enough to keep plants in the low to med-low light requirements growing/flourishing. If you're not sure of what kind of plants you want, go to PlantGeek.net - Your Aquatic Plant Resource and look in the low/med-low lighting section. There's a bunch to choose from.

Happy planting :).

Sweet I brought my a quad t-5 light today at my Lfs. It's called up aqua pro-L light? Thats the best they had! Wonder if they will do the job. I also brought up-aqua aqua soil!! Funny story with that I thou I'll rinse them b4 I added it to my tank. Resulting in a black water but it settle after 1 hour! Now I'm just waiting for new plants to come into my Lfs which will be mid next week! Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom