10 gallon HOB filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vacuumlad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I have a 10 gallon tank I'm setting up. It's fresh water and has sand for a substrate. I was wondering what HOB filter would be best. I'm looking at the aqueon quiet flow 20 (I have a aqueon 30 on another tank and I like it.)Any other ideas for a good HOB filter for a 10 gallon that's under $20? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I was looking at the AC but it's to expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have aqueon 20's on both my 10 gallon tanks. I use aquaclear on larger tanks, but it's hard to reach the back of my 10's so I prefer these self priming filters there. Cut your own filter media to fit on the frame.

I'm ordering it off amazon but I'm afraid the the 20 would not fit in the slot on my hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Honestly, nothing beats AquaClear and Flival C because of how flexible it is within the media, but their motor/impeller seem to be a hit or miss as far as noise goes.

I have an AquaTech 5-15, which is basically the same thing as a Marineland penguin 100 (minus the bio-wheel, but has a bio-pad instead) and it's quiet. They are under 20$

The aqueon quierflow is on sale at Amazon US. 8.79$ for the 10 and 13.49$ for the 20. So cheap!

I just bought 2 a quiet flow 10's and a 30.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom