10 gallon quarantine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say it depends on the fish you want to Qt. Qt tanks are for treating sick or injured fish. Many people also use them to quarantine new fish to make sure they are healthy, and do not contract a disease.

A single diseased fish can destroy an entire system.

Ok cause i thought some people used them to acclimate new fish before putting them in to the main tank.

aryiman said:
Ok cause i thought some people used them to acclimate new fish before putting them in to the main tank.
Acclimate may not the the right word for it but you are indeed on the right track. Quarantining all new arrivals is one of the first best steps in preventing parasites et al from entering the main display tank.

The QT size would really be dictated by the fish types introduced as NewinTown suggested but you can easily narrow that down by the display tanks size. The smaller the display, the less likely for larger fish and smaller QT's will do. The larger the tank would mean the reverse.

If you have something along the lines of a 90 gal or less, I would opt for a 20 gal long. If the display is much larger, opt for a QT more appropriate to that size.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-10/sp/feature/index.php

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom