10 gallon sump refug help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefpete

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Want to build one and was wondering if anyone had any diagrams for a 10 gallon

Also I'll post mine up and maybe people and chip in with ideas so forth

I will place skimmer heater and return pump in it

I have now 25 lbs live sand in display and 30 lbs rock was was wondering if I should put more sand in bottom aswel

Also what's the best overflow hang on I can use for a 30 gallon display and also the pump what should I use

You may find that a skimmer that wide is hard to find. :-( I went with no baffles in my new sump due to that. I also passed on the refugium as well, kinda didn't think it would be worth it to be so small. You may or may not see a difference with it.

I like this overflow for the tank

CPR CS50 Aquarium Overflow Box - AquaCave.com

and I think a mag5 return pump would be a good match for it. :)

You may find that a skimmer that wide is hard to find. :-( I went with no baffles in my new sump due to that. I also passed on the refugium as well, kinda didn't think it would be worth it to be so small. You may or may not see a difference with it.

I like this overflow for the tank

CPR CS50 Aquarium Overflow Box - AquaCave.com

and I think a mag5 return pump would be a good match for it. :)

thanks carey

I was using the nano skimmer for the 29 gallon bio cube and it acutally works great now in my tank so i was going to put that in that section which should fit perfectly....also whats the gph rating on that pump with 4 ft head??

Off the top of my head without researching for the chart I'd guess around 350-375 gph. I would have a ball valve on the return line anyways. It's a littel better in my opinion to have a tad too much than falling short. :)

Off the top of my head without researching for the chart I'd guess around 350-375 gph. I would have a ball valve on the return line anyways. It's a littel better in my opinion to have a tad too much than falling short. :)

cool deal ...i looked it up and it would be around 310 with 4 ft head...that should be good right? for my 29 gallon plus my two koralia 450's

AS far as flow yeah that should be good. :) And it should handle a 300gph overflow. Just have to match the overflow with the pump if you can .

I think so. :) The overflow can only handle as much as it can take in so you cant have too much as far as the overflow part and you can;t have too much return pump as you will adjust it with the ball valve. So, if the pump comes up short the overflow will only handle as much water as the pump can send into the tank.

Hope that makes sense LOL

Back
Top Bottom