10 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RozG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well, I admit to being new to any and all of this.

I want to get my niece who has gone through some hard times a nice fish tank and some fish. I know this is a real commitment and not a 3 day gold fish failed experiment (she did that once and I still hear her talk about it).

Anyway, her family is in an apartment and space is an issue. She was hoping to get a smaller tank. Of course all my reading says a smaller tank is harder then a larger (I am sure if any of my facts are incorrect I will rightly put told). I was hoping for something around a 10 gallon tank. I have seen a few on amazon and petco, but I am not sure which is a good model and would love any recommendations. The current model I kind of liked was the EHEIM Aquastyle Nano Aquarium.

Thank you for any advice and help!!!

How thoughtful of you!
I can't help much, since I just have standard glass tanks. Did you want something fancier than that?
Do you have a budget?
What kinds of fish (or shrimps! ) do you think it will house? This may affect tank size.
Plants?
So you are new, does that mean you do not know how to cycle a tank? Because your niece would probably need help with that.

Thank you for the reply.

I have read on how to cycle, but I have never cycled a tank. I am looking for a something basic. As far as fish I am not sure yet which fish to get. I was thinking of getting Dwarf Lamprologus for the fish.

Well good, I am glad you are aware tanks need to be cycled.

I also suggest you perhaps post the stock question in another sub-forum if you don't get the answers here. I am not at all sure about cichlids, if those are suitable for beginners? Plus knowing what fish you will stock can affect substrate selection, chemistry needs, etc.

As for tanks, again, I can't help, but I notice people mention the fluvals a lot.

Back
Top Bottom