Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-09-2016, 09:57 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ok everyone thanks for the help. Not that I don't do weekly water changes and cleaning of my own. Now I know who I can and can't trust I guess. And btw this is supposed to be a hardware forum. Thanks again for dogging me out. I'm trying here. I really appreciate all that help.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 10-09-2016, 10:03 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyrollin View Post
And what lillies? I didn't know I had any lillies.

I believe the banana plant is being referred to in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

We or me lol didnt mean upset you. I apologize. If you are referring to me. Was not my intention.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

I don't think it's y'all upsetting me. I think I just get a little ruffled when things get out of order. Plus I work 6 days a week and long hours at that sometimes I can fly off the handle. For that I'm SORRY.
Thank you fresh2o I didn't realize a banana plant was also know as a Lilly. I should probably keep it then. I like lillies.
Flchamp89 I'm sorry no one has upset me, I'm just tired from work and come home to find out I've got waaay too much going on in my tank. It can be disheartening to realize that and I don't do being wrong well. I tend to be a more calcultive person. Sometimes my logic falls away from me and I make stupid mistakes. I have really upset myself more than anything.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:29 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

10g planted with just gravel, + fish, snails

Make sure you have CAE and not Otos. They are easy to tell apart once you see pics side by side.

I said Lillies, I meant Lotus (?). Wasn't sure what plant I was seeing with tall thin stems and floating leaves. Ah I see, you said it's a Banana plant...haven't had those yet.

Research your fish before you buy. Never believe the salesperson until you know how knowledgeable and honest they actually are.

So sorry if you felt belittled or talked down to.
Not my intention.

I'm posting via my phone. Didn't even notice you were posting in the hardware section. Mia Culpa for wandering off topic. Just hate to see new folks sold wrong fish.

Here is an old pic of my favorite Betta
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	289874
Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:37 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

10g planted with just gravel, + fish, snails

That tank is a rimless 10g. I use a canister filter on it. I used custom Lily Pipes to direct the flow for him.

He loved to play in the current, but there were quiet areas of the tank for him to chill. No other inhabitants. He was ruler of his domain.

Canister is an Eheim Ecco 2232

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0172.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	289875
Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyrollin View Post
And what lillies? I didn't know I had any lillies. Other than a peace Lilly in the top filter of the 3 gallon but that's not exactly a submersible plant. You can let the roots dangle in but keep the actually plant out of the water.

I have an acorus that dangles. My guppies love it.

the tiny computer is full of delicion!
Old 10-10-2016, 09:42 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Regular

Coursair, I appreciate your advice I really do. I googled and researched both the otocinculous and the CAE. I know for sure the CAE is what I have in there. 😕 so since it's a fairly new set up and I do plan to do a serious 20g tank in the future with all the bells and whistles, I will keep them for the time being. I have been making many rookie mistakes with this 10g. But as I said this is a learning tank. They did actually clean up the algae and diatoms I had on my java fern (failed to qt new plants) as I said earlier I have a friend that has a 30g tank. She keeps a ciclid in. She will probably end up with them when I do go to the 20g tank. The beta will remain in the 10g. Once I get it perfect, he will know paradise. However he does rule the tank, and the tetras don't bother him. He is why I opted for the bamboo shrimp. A harmless happy critter that will not harm his fins. Although he hasn't suffered at all any damage from anything in the tank yet. The tetras I like and will probably move them to the 20g when I do it up, i will also add a few others tetras of the same type to the new tank. For now they just kinda hang out with each other and don't do much.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Regular

The snails... sadly I think are large enough that they don't really want algae anymore and have been munching my plants a bit. So they will also head for my friends tank pretty soon. They were fun but they are not for my tanks.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirbhao View Post
I have an acorus that dangles. My guppies love it.
Well. I don't really see how an acorus can dangle being that it's a grass like stem plant. Maybe you have it tied to a rock and planted sideways or upside down? Would love to see a picture of it. Thanks for the info.

Tags
fish, gravel, plant, planted, snail, snails

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com