12 Gal ECLIPSE MARINELAND SYSTEM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mlpbarrett

Aquarium Advice Regular
What lighting comes in this system? Does anyone know? I can't seem to find out. I know it has one white light and one blue, both florescent I think, but I want to know the wattage etc....:confused:

Ok so I guess it is a 13 watt flourescent, how would I go about replacing it with a higher wattage?

I'm thinking this is related to the coral question in the other thread?

I don't think you're going to like the answer to your question, but I'm pretty sure that the only way you'll be able to increase the lighting on that tank is to ditch the top part and find a fixture that will fit across the width of the open tank. The ballast that's built in to that top most likely can't handle much more wattage than what they ship it with. (Just guessing here though... maybe someone that has this unit can fill in better details.) In reality, all that biofilter stuff in the top isn't needed anyway, if you have enough live rock. And I think you do, if I remember right.

I originally was looking at those Eclipse units when I started thinking about a saltwater tank, but then realized that they just don't lend themselves well to saltwater, let alone a reef tank.

My 5 gal eclipse comes with a 13W CF, the 12 might have a 22W. However, those lights have the ballast built in, so the only way to upgrade the light is to rip everything out & put in a retrofit kit. <Or buy a new canopy.>

I agree with the others. There is no way you can make the existing system work for corals or your new anenome.

well I no longer have the anemone, but It actually has two lights in there, both giving off 13 watts, so in total I have about 26 for my 12 gal tank. I am looking at upgrading to a 29 right now, so I will be buying most likely tomorrow (when I get paid) a new light fixture for a 29 gal.

Back
Top Bottom