120g tank filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will a fluval 306 and fx6 be enough for a 120 tank with a good amount of fish? And should i put any extra media in the fx6?? I know it comes with media but I know that some people out in extra since there is room for it, if so what media?

Will a fluval 306 and fx6 be enough for a 120 tank with a good amount of fish? And should i put any extra media in the fx6?? I know it comes with media but I know that some people out in extra since there is room for it, if so what media?

That would be plenty. What will be your stock? I would stuff the fx6 with as much biomedia as possible and use the 306 as a polisher (purigen and polyfill).

That would be plenty. What will be your stock? I would stuff the fx6 with as much biomedia as possible and use the 306 as a polisher (purigen and polyfill).
I was thinking a couple cory cats. A couple of neon tetras and then maybe a group of another type of fish and then a centerpiece fish. You think I'd need a water pusher or power head?

Idts, the output on the FX5 is pretty strong and you also have the 306 you should be fine

Back
Top Bottom