125 gallon tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfergusonjr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in the process of talking to someone about purchasing a 125 gallon tank that is 6 years old and has no leaks or cracks. They want $100 for it. Haven't seen it in person yet but sounds like a good deal. The picture of it looks like it's in pretty good condition. If it's got stuff caked on the inside of the glass would it come off with a vinegar solution?
-
Mark

it should. i would really check the silicone on the inside, after that much time it could be dried up. But if its all good $100 is a good deal. I'd buy it at that price. :)

Good luck

Me, a smallish chick and a big guy moved our 125g around. it's also older so mine had the heavier glass too. I think two guys will be fine.

when you've moving it you might want to bring some plumbers tools. If it has a built in overflow you'll need to remove some gaskets and stuff, (maybe). If its been set up for 6 years, and not disassembled....think of concrete.

im thinking of the day i brought my 180 years back it was so HEAVY it took 4 of us to move it

wow, i have moved a 180 gal from a guys basement with 1 other guy with gravel still in it, i guess we were just young and dumb.

hackteck said:
im thinking of the day i brought my 180 years back it was so HEAVY it took 4 of us to move it

It was an older tank with very thick glass lol

Yeah, I've moved my 150 by myself unfortunately... I definitely do NOT suggest doing that! 2 guys can easily move that. My wife and I moved my 150 to the closet last month with no problem, and she's not that strong.

Vinegar and lots of razor blades will get the tank clean. I remember my 150 when I got it had coraline algae all over it. About 10 razor blades and a gallon of vinegar later, it looked brand new.

Back
Top Bottom