125 gallon tank, small inner crack...risk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The title says it all, i checked out a 125 gallon today, and it was a great deal, but we noticed a crack in the corner of the tank, inside the glass. We didn't buy it because we werent sure what to do. What do you guys think? Is it worth the risk?

image-1619410081.jpg

image-1775500944.jpg

I had a similar gouge in the glass on my 125g and it has been fine for almost 4 years i think it is....I did however fill the crack with windshield repair 2 part epoxy. I let it cure so that it pretty much filled in the hole and made it less pointy.

Not sure I would say sure, go ahead and get it, no worries it will be fine, I got my entire 125g setup for $100 so it was worth it. But you can most likely find a comparable tank without the crack.

I had a similar gouge in the glass on my 125g and it has been fine for almost 4 years i think it is....I did however fill the crack with windshield repair 2 part epoxy. I let it cure so that it pretty much filled in the hole and made it less pointy.

Not sure I would say sure, go ahead and get it, no worries it will be fine, I got my entire 125g setup for $100 so it was worth it. But you can most likely find a comparable tank without the crack.

Gotcha, it came with a lot of extras, but his bottom offer was $300. Other than this, the tank was flawless. It was almost the best deal i've seen in ages, but i just can't afford to spend like $150 to fix it if it breaks and lose $200 worth of fish.

Yeah, even with the extras i would probably have passed as well. Better safe than sorry. Just keep your eyes peeled for a good craigslist deal, they come around, just need to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom